Friday 30 April 2010

No Comment?

Well, I did it.  Tonight I commented on a blog written by someone I don't know.  I have taken the first baby step into the blog world and toward inviting others to read my blog.  Yikes!

Because, of course, you realize that a blog comment is not just a blog comment.  Every action has a reaction, which goes something like this:
  • I comment on said blog
  • Blog Author reads my comment and wonders who the heck I am
  • Blog Author goes to my profile to see who I am and sees that I have a blog
  • Being a blogger himself, Blog Author is interested so comes here to see what my blog is all about
Now this is the part where he reads all about me and decides if either a) my writing or b) my journey or c) my person is interesting enough for him to continue reading and, possibly, to read on a regular basis.  This is interesting, yet somehow unusually scary. 

Until now, this blog has been for me and has been read only by people who actually know me.  There is safety in that.  But by commenting on the other blog, I have essentially invited Blog Author to come over here and check me out -- and decide if I am worthy.  Or rather, if my blog is worthy, which is really almost the same thing since I am essentially pouring all my innermost thoughts and feelings into this crazy thing called a blog.

But then, this blog - and, indeed, this particular part of my life - is all about figuring out who I really am.  So if I am all about discovering myself, why shouldn't others be allowed to discover me, too?

1 comment:

  1. Letting others discover you will help you discover yourself in the process. As long as you don't fear discoveries, you won't have issues letting others in on the quest for self. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete