Friday 4 January 2013

Progress

Happy New Year!  Three days in and so far, things are going well.  I've been energized to finally start doing some redecorating and small projects around the house, I seem to be more in touch with my feelings and with expressing them (and myself in general), and I made a major step in starting my business here.

Over the past few months, I have been taking small, steady steps toward establishing my reiki and energy balancing practice here in my new surroundings.  I've done preliminary investigations, talked to a few people, taken a seminar on new business, and today I met with a lawyer who will go ahead and set up my business.  I should be legally incorporated and ready to accept clients by the end of the month.  There are still a few things I will need to do in the next couple of weeks (establish banking & accounting) but I feel like I have finally gotten the ball rolling.

And it's so damn exciting!!!

My meeting with the lawyer was inspirational in many ways.  Not only is he playing a key role in getting me started but he seemed like a great guy who is very involved in the community and giving back.  He volunteers and gets involved, he knows a ton of people and he's very big on referrals.  With any luck, he'll send a few clients my way and, more importantly, he's pointed me in the direction of a community organization I may want to get involved with (good for the community and, possibly, my business).  He also pointed out that although the city is fairly large (approaching 400,000 people), it still does business the small-town way: by talking to people and through networking and referrals.  He is also involved with the local Small Business Centre (which is how I found him) who host a monthly networking meetup and who are currently running an annual new venture competition, both of which he urged me to participate in - and which I plan to do.

I haven't felt this energetic and content in a long time.  I love that things finally seem to be moving - and going in the right direction.  Let's hope this is going to be the trend for the year, in which case I will heartily welcome 2013!

1 comment:

  1. You've had this coming a long time. Looks like it'll be a great year !

    ReplyDelete