Tuesday 18 October 2011

Everything Happens (The Way It's Supposed to Happen)

Last week I ran away.  Well, sort of.  I had been planning to get away in order to destress after graduation, and finally - a month later - I managed to do it.  The decision was rather last minute but I went with it and before I could think too much about it, I was on a train.  I proceeded to spend 3 days in Chicago and 2 days in Milwaukee.  (Why Milwaukee?  No, not for the beer or Laverne & Shirley but because the Harley-Davidson Museum is there.)  I walked a lot, saw some sights, took some great photos and, most importantly, had lots of time to think.

I wish I could say I had some monumental revelations while I was away but alas, I did not.  I did have a few insightful ideas and, thanks to a book I read that week, I decided that I need to make some changes.  Most importantly, I need to make much better use of my time.  Since I graduated, I've been floundering.  I was so busy and so stressed out while I was in school and now that school is finished, I have way too much time on my hands -- and I'm not using it effectively.  So, I've decided to try to focus my energy and do something positive with it.  I need to spend some time every day doing what I want and need to do for myself: meditate, do reiki, read & learn more about reiki (and massage), seriously think about my future and what I want it to look like and be like and figure out how to make it so.  It's going to take some discipline to make new habits but it shouldn't be too hard once I get going.

Also, while I was away, there was (yet another) serious upheaval in my personal life.  It has given me plenty more food for thought.  Partly I'm asking myself the same questions I've been asking myself for the past year or two, with a few new questions thrown in.  In the end, it all leads back to the same issues about Me, who I am, what I want and how I got to be where I currently am.  Right now I don't seem to have (m)any answers.  The only thing I know for certain is that Everything Happens The Way It's Supposed to Happen.  And knowing that will hopefully lead me to learn from all of this and end up in a better, brighter place.

3 comments:

  1. One of my favourite quotes..."Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end..."

    Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything does happen for a reason. Sometimes the reasons just seem muddled for a while I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Me: love that! Thanks for passing that along :)

    @ Katherine: yes, but I'm sick of the muddles, hoping for clarity eventually...

    ReplyDelete