Sunday 13 January 2013

Moving Fast

It's been a crazy week! So much is going on and I've hardly slept. Things are happening on so many fronts simultaneously. Or maybe it's just that *something* is finally happening, which, compared to how stagnant things have been for so long, it just feels like so much is happening.  At any rate, if the past 2 weeks are any indication of how this year is going to go, then I am SO looking forward to 2013! It promises to be a *much* better year.  Undoubtedly there will be struggles but there is also hope of so many more successes!

I last wrote after my meeting with the lawyer about setting up my new company.  We ended up hitting a bit of a plateau as we struggled to find a business name that wouldn't conflict with any other previously established company.  We finally managed to find one and can now move ahead. I should have all the papers signed by the end of the week. I am so looking forward to getting this off the ground!

In addition to starting my Energy Wellness practice, I also decided to start a second business - simultaneously. I sometimes wonder if I am, perhaps, insane. Again, I'm just really excited about this, too: I have become a stylist for a company that sells jewellery online & at home parties. I love the jewellery so it wasn't too hard to decide to sell it. I also figure that this should be a bit easier to start up as this business is already established and I should have a great support network to get me going. This will also provide me with a great way to meet a ton of new people in town so that I can "advertise" for my energy wellness business and maybe make a few new friends while, hopefully, making some money in the process.

I haven't been able to sleep because I've just been so excited about both businesses and all the things I want to do and should do and need to do. I'm actually really looking forward to being busy again. I'm not sure if it works this way for everyone, but if I am busy I get way more done than if I'm not: busy = productive = increased self-esteem. Plus, in both businesses I get to help people feel good, albeit in different ways.

On another front, my husband and I finally seem to be moving out of the relationship purgatory we've been in for a very, very long time. It may not be in the ideal direction but at least there is movement and I believe we will both be happier for it.

Also, my Dad is finishing up his chemo treatment this week and has his colonoscopy reversal surgery scheduled for the beginning of March. I am so excited for him! This last 6 months have been really hard on him (he's had nothing but trouble with the colonoscopy bag/attachment site) and we are all looking forward to him getting put back to rights and, hopefully, regaining his previously active lifestyle.

While on the topic of cancer, my sister has been back on chemo for the last couple of months. What with Christmas and the Holidays, I haven't talked to her about her schedule so I'm not really sure what the current treatment plan is. But, basically, she's doing pretty good. I kidnapped my nieces for a week after Christmas and gave her a nice break, which I hope helped her get some rest & relaxation after all the holiday hoopla.

I also decided I need to start working out again and went to a crazy hard fitness class with my neighbours. No doubt it would get me in shape in no time but a) I don't really enjoy it and b) I can't really afford it. I've signed up for a free trial week so I can try the class another time or two and look into their gym facilities (and those of some other local gyms) and hopefully find something that fits my needs & budget. It felt good to work out again. I knew I missed the exercise, but it wasn't until I was working up a sweat, muscles aching, swinging a sledgehammer at a tractor tire, that I realized how much I really do *need* to work out regularly. It's such great stress relief! Not to mention the added bonuses of controlling depression and losing weight/looking better. I really must get back to it.

So, as I said, there is lots going on. This year has certainly started off in a rush of excitement and positivity for me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all develop...





1 comment:

  1. nice....glad to hear about the positive direction for you and hubby....and just use the class to get ideas so you can work out at home...

    ReplyDelete