Tuesday 5 October 2010

Sparkle and Shine

I started writing a post a couple of weeks ago but never got it finished.  In fact, I don't think I even finished the first sentence (although I was much further along in my head).  The post was in response to a surprise phone call I got from a dear old frined.  This friend and I don't speak often and luckily that hasn't ever managed to diminish our friendship.  Because we hadn't talked in so long, we had a lot of catching up to do.  As I went about filling him in on various developments in my life over the past few months (year?) he commented that I have my sparkle back.  Not only did I love the way he worded his observation, but it was yet another confirmation that I have chosen the right path.

Unfortunately, the tide turned soon after that conversation and a number of factors in my personal life had me starting on a(nother) downward spiral into depression.  Luckily that only lasted a couple of days before I was able to pull myself back up.  I'm sure school played a roll in that as well, as it shifted my focus to anatomy, rather than the world at large that I was sure was conspiring against me.

This weekend I had a 16-hour seminar in Polarity, which is a form of energy work/healing.  In the course of the day on Sunday, we did some work that touched upon some areas that I obviously still need to work on.  I still have a lot of emotional and spiritual work to do and there are still some deeply covered wounds that need to be healed.

So while I may have had my sparkle back a couple of weeks ago, I think it has dimmed to a shimmer.  But knowing I was sparkly for even a short while gives me hope that I may someday figure out how to make my sparkle stick around.

1 comment:

  1. The sparkle is always there though sometimes it lives under a mist.

    ReplyDelete