Thursday 2 December 2010

Negative vs Positive

I've been spending a lot of time today wondering if perhaps there are just too many negatives in my life and not enough positives.  Or if maybe I'm just focusing too much on the negatives.  In therapy, we seem to focus on the negatives in order to fix them, and while the end goal is positive, it has us concentrating on all those negatives much of the time.  I wonder if I've forgotten how to celebrate the positives -- or if there are just so few left that the occasion seldom arises.

2 comments:

  1. If a person is working to improve themselves because they have a personal goal that's ok. Reflect on what you want to change and what you need to do to make it happen.

    In the world in general I believe we spend too much on negtive things. Open a newspaper or turn on the news and you can fill your negative brain full to the brim to the point you don't think there is a single thing you could possibly do make things better. I cannot live like that. I have to absent myself from all that yammering and work on what I can do to change things to the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear you....i am a therapist...so i know i have to keep a balanced approach in the things we work on...being grateful, remembering the positives...there is power in that...

    ReplyDelete