Thursday 25 November 2010

Time Crunch

Over the past while, I have become acutely aware of a serious lack of time in my life.  Part of this is due to me going to school, part of it is likely due to the impending whirlwind that is the Holidays and part of it is, no doubt, due to me being just plain terrible at time management.  Regardless of the reasons, I have noticed that I just don't have time to do all the things I want to do.

I could easily spend more time doing homework and studying than I do now.  I would like to put a few more hours into cleaning the house (on a regular basis).  I need to paint/renovate my dining room and turn it into my own little massage haven.  I have a very large backlog of books I would like to read.  I would like to bake cookies (Christmas and otherwise).  I want - and need - to write.  I require new shoes (for those of you unaware, I have very hard to fit feet so shoe shopping takes a vast amount of time).  And the list goes on...

The interesting thing about the above list is that it's comprised of things that I want to do.  Honestly, I can't remember a time in the recent past when I've really wanted to do anything.  I am feeling oddly inspired lately to get things done, which is a rather new and exciting feeling for me.  The biggest thing holding me back is the time in which to get it all done. 

I know it's a problem most people have, but it's a new one for me.  For years I had all the time in the world (or so it seemed) and no desire to do anything with it.  I'm not sure how long this burst of inspiration will last, but I hope it's long enough for me to get at least some of it done.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling. All the time in the world & no inspiration (big sighs all around). Or spinning so much you can't breathe. Sometimes the busy times help to get more done though. good luck!

    ReplyDelete