Thursday 4 November 2010

Leaving

I'm going to run away - at least for a while.  If I didn't have so many commitments (primarily school and the children) I would no doubt be dreaming of a much longer, more involved getaway.  One that at least involved me getting on an airplane, preferably to somewhere mountainous.  However, given my current situation (timely & monetary) I have scaled down my dreams to something much simpler: I will go somewhere and be gone at least one night.  My schedule is rather hectic and there are plans every weekend this month, leaving me with precious little time to go anywhere.  Luckily, my husband has booked 3 weeks off of work so I am hoping for at least a little mid-week interlude on a couple of the days when I have no classes.

It may not sound like much of an escape, but right now I will take what I can get.  I desperately need to remove myself from my current circumstances.  My life is in such constant turmoil that I need to find some other space in which to breathe, to purify and to cleanse -- if that's at all possible. 

Presently, my mind won't stop spinning, not a day goes by without me crying and I have been clenching my teeth for weeks on end.  I had a 50-minute massage in class today -- with my jaw firmly flexed nearly the entire time.  Who does that?

So I'm leaving. 
Not on a jet plane. 
Don't know when I'll be back again.  But I will be back.  Well, some version of me will return, which I hope will be one that is a little more relaxed and a lot more stable. 

Oh, babe, I can't wait to go.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you God speed and hope that you return with renewed perspective and unclenched teeth. :)

    ReplyDelete