Monday 15 November 2010

Breathe

It's amazing what happens when the world slows down, and I have had a wonderfully slow today.  As I promised myself a couple of weeks ago, I have run away for a day or two, and while this little hiatus is not as long as I might have wished for, it is proving to be just long enough to have a positive and uplifting effect on my mood and my spirit.

The day started off slowly due, in part, to the repercussions of a late night and one drink too many but it also continued slowly, even after the remnants of the hangover fell away.  I spent the day with my best friend and we went out for lunch, enjoying food that I love but that the rest of my family is not so keen on.  We then spent the afternoon perusing a number of little shops, all of which happened to sell gemstones and crystals, and I added a few new stones to my collection.  (As it turns out, all the stones I chose today are grounding stones and are good for balancing emotions.)

In the course of the day, I remembered what a life without stress is like.  Today there was no emotional stress (thinking about my place in the world and my troubled marriage) and there was no time pressure (school, homework, kids, lessons, dinner, eek!).  I may not have had any epiphanies or come to any grand conclusions about life, but at least my head stopped spinning and I was able to unclench my teeth.  Just for a day, I was able to just be, just breathe.  Which was just what I needed. 

2 comments:

  1. just for today
    i pray
    just for today
    let it fall away
    just for today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful, K. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete