Thursday 28 April 2011

Understanding

I am terrible at explaining myself.  We all know I've been trying to access my emotions and express them better, which I think has been going ok -- I think there's been an improvement, at least -- but it seems I still fail miserably when trying to explain myself.  It's one thing to say this is how I feel but it's quite another for me to explain why.

So, I suppose it shouldn't be any wonder when I feel that some people Just. Don't. Get. It.

I've tried explaining.  I've tried repeating.  I've tried, really I have.  And despite it all, and despite all the assurances about how accepting they are, what they end up telling me is how I should feel.  That if I would just change how I feel, everything would be better.  What they don't seem to get, despite all my attempted explanations is that a) I can't just change how I feel and b) I do not think that changing how I feel would be beneficial for me in any way.  

Why don't they get that?

No comments:

Post a Comment