Monday 9 July 2012

Fast Times

What a crazy week it's been!  I think I can start just about every week lately with that statement.  And I suspect it will remain that way throughout the summer.

I've been running around like mad this week but at least I got quite a lot accomplished -- like buying a house!  After an insane day meeting with all sorts of people, I think everything has been worked out and I can sit back for a couple of weeks until we close the deal at the end of the month.  The whole house-buying process has been interesting and exciting and terrifying all at once.  My husband hasn't involved himself at all so I got to do it all on my own, which has been kind of empowering.  It's good to know that I really can be independent and together and organized and all of that.  I would like it a whole lot better if I didn't have to rely on my parents for financial assistance (because I have no credit in Canada) but that's only temporary.

Come to think of it, the house-buying success has had me in a pretty good mood lately which is nice for a change.  And feeling productive is a nice change too.  Hopefully it will spur me on to more productiveness -- which would be good considering all that needs to be done in the next few weeks!  I have no idea how I'm going to manage it all, but I guess I'll just start somewhere and go from there.  Baby steps.

I also realized today that I am fraught with so many fears about the future.  So much is uncertain and unknown: relationships, career, finances.  It's a scary time without too many reassurances.  I just have to believe that everything will work out the way it's supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment