Tuesday 24 July 2012

Stupid Cancer, part 6

I really wish I could just put the rest of my life on hold while I move.  It would be so much easier if I could just focus on one thing at a time.  It's almost too much to even work on closing the house at our destination while trying to purge & pack here, let alone worry about my family and all of their ills and ailments.

On the bright side, for the most part everyone is doing relatively well.  My father is slowly regaining his appetite & recovering from his surgery.  However, he is due to start a chemo & radiation course so we're not sure how he'll react to that.  The worst of it is that he'll have to keep the colostomy bag for an extra 3 months or more since they won't do surgery while he's in treatment.  He also has to do slightly less effective chemo treatment so he doesn't have to have a colostomy bag attached to one side & a chemo pump on the other.  Cancer sucks.

My sister is doing very well.  Her surgery did what it was supposed to do and the chemo is doing what it's supposed to do so all of her cancer is diminishing.  Yay!  *happy dance*  She's taking the summer off work to allow herself to heal and all of it seems to have things going in a positive direction.

My mother still won't admit she has memory issues - at least, no worse than any of her friends.  She went to the doctor to placate my father & I only to be told it was likely due to the stress of my father being ill.  Truth is, she's been much better since he's been ill.  I'll probably have to talk to the doctor myself at some point but right now, that's not a battle I need to face.

My biggest battle right now is with time.  And, I know that writing a blog is not using that time most effectively when I have so much purging and packing left to do, but sometimes a break is required.  I shall return to it shortly.  The purging has continued to be very uplifting -- I will be so happy to move into our new house with much less stuff.  And I will endeavor to accumulate as little as possible and to constantly purge (as I used to) so that I never have to do this again, even if we do end up moving again.

I found this, written by my almost 11-yr-old daughter:

"My Life.
I go around ~ don't know
where I heading to next.  i haven't been In a place long enough
to call It home ~ ...
Somebody help me Somebody help me
where do I go and who should I be ~"

I don't know if it's a poem or a song.  My guess is a song, but either way it absolutely breaks my heart.  Stupid Life!


No comments:

Post a Comment