Monday 30 August 2010

Believe & Achieve

Tonight I'm stealing again.  If I knew the author, I would gladly give credit but as far as I know, it's anonymous.  I found this poem in my dance studio and thought I should share it:

If you want a thing bad enough
to go out and fight for it,
work day and night for it,
give up your time and peace and sleep for it;
If only desire of it makes you never tire of it
and life seems all empty and useless without it
and all that you scheme and dream is about it;
If gladly you'll sweat for it,
fret for it, plan for it,
lose all you terror of the opposition for it;
If you'll simply go after that thing that you want
with all you capacity,
strength and sagacity,
faith, hope and confidence and stern pertinacity;
If neither cold poverty, famished and gaunt,
nor sickness nor pain
of body or brain
can turn you away from the thing that you want;
If dogged and grim you besiege and beset it
You'll get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment