Saturday 5 March 2011

Absolute Joy

In Friday's class, we had to give a 1-hour massage -- blindfolded.  Many of my classmates were nervous and some were dreading it but I thought the idea was intriguing.  My husband figured it wouldn't make much difference to me; I am so good at feeling people's energy fields that I wouldn't even need to see.  He was right: the blindfold made almost no difference to me at all and I completely enjoyed giving a blind massage.  (In fact, the biggest problem I had was that in not looking at my client, I found my head lolling about and ended up getting a kink in my neck.)

By the end of class, I had received a one hour (blind) massage and given an hour-long blind massage and was feeling pretty good.  That was when one of my instructors came over and told me, "It was an absolute joy to watch you work".  Wow!  It was an absolute joy to hear her say so because for me it was more than just a compliment, it was (yet another) affirmation that I am headed in the right direction.

1 comment: