Thursday 3 March 2011

Everything Happens (For a Reason)

We've all seen versions of this idea before either forwarded to us in an email chain or passed on to us from some wise friend.  Regardless of the source and of the wording, I'm sure we're all familiar with something like these words from Deepak Chopra: 

"Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution."

Any of you keeping up with this blog will know by know that my school has had a profound effect on me, as it does on everyone who chooses to study there.  It is a magical place that guides lost souls on a path of self-discovery, all the while teaching them useful career skills.  As one of my instructors said, learning massage therapy keeps us focused while we learn about who we are.  There is a reason that I found my school at this particular time in my life.

 It's no surprise, then, that the friendships I am building at school are also quite special.  It's been a rather slow process but in the last few weeks I feel as if we are all finally getting to know each other on a less superficial level.  We have moved beyond being classmates and are on our way to becoming friends. 

I've recently been spending quite a bit of time with one classmate in particular.  We have a wealth of common interests and I was struck the last time I was with her by the way that our life experiences are so complimentary to each other.  We each seem to have experiences that will help and guide the other.  I have a feeling that she play an instrumental role in my life over the next six months, in one way or another.

Whether I believe Deepak Chopra who says that everything happens for a reason or Penny in "Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog" who simply said, "Everything happens", I am pretty sure that the current relationships in my life will lead me somewhere very interesting -- and I am eager to find out where.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are finally making some bonds with like-minded individuals hon. It helps keep the soul up when we know that there are people around us that make a difference. You do in more people's lives than you could probably dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. nothing is random...and it is nice to have those we share the path with on this journey...to interesting places...

    ReplyDelete