Friday 22 July 2011

Dilemma, Part 2

So today my pondering has led me to this question: what do you do when you know you're supposed to feel a certain way and you just don't? Do you follow your inner voice and your own feelings or do you believe what everyone else around you seems to be telling you, which is, quite simply, that your feelings are wrong?

Of course, this brings us back around to the choice to go with your gut, be true to yourself but hurt those around you. Or, listen to others, making them happy but not yourself.

I wonder if I'll ever figure this out...

3 comments:

  1. ooohh...I hate it when someone tells me how i'm feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm...this is a hard one...as feelings are often a poor judge in decision making...when determining direction i always ask myself...based on my past experiences, what is the best decision. based on my future goals/aspirations what is the best decision and based on my present circumstances...this give me a well rounded view...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Me: sadly, I've always paid too much attention to how others think I should feel. I'm only just learning now to hate it when they do that...

    @Brian: thanks for the sage advice. I'll try to remember to use it often...

    ReplyDelete