Tuesday 26 July 2011

Stressed Out

At least I realized tonight that it wasn't just me -- it seems all of my classmates are freaking out.  We have a major exam at the end of this week -- which has us all panicky to begin with -- but for whatever reason, we've all got a ton of other crazy shit going on: one classmate has a groundhog digging up her landscaping and her boat ran out of gas on the weekend, another classmate has an extraordinary amount of work being piled upon her at her day job and needed to get her brakes fixed twice in two weeks, another classmate has money issues and a useless new husband, another classmate... well, you get the idea.  And, of course, there's me.  My husband went to Germany on a business trip, leaving me to try to study with the kids home 24/7.  I know the trip wasn't his idea, but his absence certainly hasn't made studying any easier.  We are also, somehow,  not get along even when he is on the other side of the world, which is causing me much distraction and causing me to lose focus on the anatomy & physiology that should be foremost in my thoughts this week.

I have no idea what the cosmos is doing, but none of us is very thrilled that everything currently seems to be one snafu on top of the other.  We don't have the capacity to deal with it all right now -- we just want to be left alone to study!  If I can do that for the next two days and if I can make it to the end of the week with my sanity intact, I'll be very pleased -- and more than ready for a few days of downtime!

2 comments:

  1. smiles. i hope you are able to study and get to that down time...it is def never easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Explain to the kids that it will be a rough week & ask for their patience. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete