Tuesday 6 September 2011

Out of Sync

I am completely messed up.  This weekend I completed my last requirements for school by working two 5-hour shifts, giving free 10-minute massages at a local festival.  I had the pleasure of working with a friend the whole time, which made the days more fun but they were long, physically demanding days.  When I finished my last shift on Sunday, I was exhausted but ready to celebrate.  I found a beer tent, had a beer and followed that one up with a few more.  By Sunday night, it had finally sunk in that I was completely, officially done with school.  Two weeks ago, I still had so much ahead of me and now, suddenly, it's all over.

And, now that I have that all behind me, I'm ready to kick back, relax and have some fun.  In short, I'm ready for summer.  The problem is that summer is over.  I sort of realized over the past couple of months that I was missing out and that my kids were having a less-than-stimulating vacation but now it's cold outside and today my kids went back to school.  I feel like I've completely missed out on summer this year.

As a result, I'm feeling a little out of sorts.  I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough but it may take a while for me to adjust to the weather, the calendar and new beginnings all around.

1 comment:

  1. It was hard waking up to socks & sweaters this morning on the first day of school. :(

    ReplyDelete