Tuesday 10 January 2012

I'm Fine, Thank You

Every day I go about my life pretending everything is fine.

I do the things that need to be done and try to do the other things as well.  I take the kids to school and to their activities.  I buy groceries and do laundry and tend to the house.  I try to build a business and I consider getting a(nother) job.  I go to classes, I volunteer and I attempt to be social.  I am expected to make plans and carry on a normal life. 

But some days I find it incredibly difficult to do any of those things.  I wonder why every day is such a struggle and why it's so hard for me to do anything but lie in bed.  And cry.

Then I realize it's because doing anything at all goes against every natural instinct I have.  It should be difficult to do things.  The fact that I get anything done at all is laudable.  The fact that I do get out of bed every day is nothing short of miraculous.

Because

NOTHING

is fine.

3 comments:

  1. yep...and pretending gets old quick....i am sorry you are going through such a rough time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the act of motion, while seemingly mundane and nothing, sometimes holds the key to new life

    ReplyDelete