Tuesday 31 January 2012

Fake It

Sometimes I just can't find a decent song on the radio.  I flip from station to station, going through hundreds of stations (FM and XM) only to end up back where I started, with yet another song playing that I don't want to listen to.  Other days, the radio seems to play songs with me in mind.  Today was one of those days.  Not only was the music good, but I actually paid attention to some of the lyrics -- which seemed to be expressing a lot of the thoughts I've been having lately.  Not necessarily today, but often enough in the past while that I could certainly relate.  I suppose it's nice to know that even if other people aren't going through exactly the same things as I am, they have their own issues that have put them in a similar emotional place.  I am so glad that there are others out there who not only know what I'm going through, but who are able to articulate their feelings -- and put some kick-ass music behind them.

Fake It by Seether*

Who's to know if your soul will fade at all
The one you sold to fool the world
You lost your self-esteem along the way

And just fake it if you're out of direction
Fake it if you don't belong here
Fake it if you feel like affection

So Far So Good by Thornley*

So far so good 'cause no one knows I'm faking
I wish I could show you the toll it's taking
Sometimes I live as if there's no tomorrow
So far so good

I better find a way to cross my fingers
half the luck'll get me twice as far
I'm sick and tired of coming up for air
it shouldn't be this hard


*Lyrics courtesy of azlyrics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment