Saturday 22 May 2010

Meditations on Love

I went to class tonight and was told we would be meditating. Excellent! We would be meditating on love.  Excellent again!  We settled in and listened to the teacher for a while before we moved on to the meditation part of the class.  I was expecting to be overwhelmed with goodness and warm waves of love -- but life has a funny way of giving you what you least expect.

We did 3 different meditations and each was progressively more difficult for me than the previous one.  Each was also rather more disturbing than the last so instead of leaving tonight's class imbued with warm fuzzies and my usual state of calm contentedness, I was a complete and utter mess.

I know this experience will prove to be beneficial for me.  We can not heal until we know where our wounds are.  However, it seems I have more than I reckoned and they run deep.

Luckily, I have people who can guide me and help me.  With them by my side, I hope that one day I will be able to meditate on love with a happy heart.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is only when we sit still with ourselves that we truly see ourselves. Ride the wave. Good things will come of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got me with this line: "We can not heal until we know where our wounds are"...

    Too true, too true...but it's difficult to come to grips with the concept sometimes, no?

    Good luck on your own journey...
    -C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna go through the same exercise. Can be done ?

    ReplyDelete