Wednesday 5 May 2010

Rollercoasters

Is everyone else's life such an emotional rollercoaster?  Or is it just mine?  I remember a time when everything was good, all the time.  Sadly, I did not know enough then to treasure the simplicity but I certainly do now.

The last few months have, as I'm sure you've noted, been exceptionally vibrant, emotionally speaking.  I have covered the full spectrum of sentiments and it seems that I'm now starting to cycle through them yet again.  I am confused and exhausted and I want it to stop.  I don't want to have to ride through all the ups and downs and corkscrews and loop-de-loops anymore.  I don't want to have to figure out how to express the gazillions of emotions that we are able to experience.  I would like to stop this train and get off.

But I know that if I stick with it, I will become a better, more balanced and more complete person.  There will be untold benefits.  When I slow down enough to think about it, I realize that I am learning a lot about myself which should prove to be useful as I try to navigate my way through the rest of my life.  Like anything else you try to learn, it's hard work and it takes time and energy.  So I will stick with it.

It really is like being on a rollercoaster: after you've slowly crept your way to the top of the first hill, you get a little scared.  Then you ride through all sorts of craziness, simultaneously loving it and hating it.  Finally, things slow down and level out and you're left with a rush of adrenaline, a smile on your face and the desire to conquer the world (or at least the next ride).  So I will be patient and wait for all the craziness to level out, because I'm really looking forward to being able to smile at the end of it.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on riding, keep on smiling. It is your smile that I like the most.

    ReplyDelete