Thursday 13 May 2010

Enough is Enough

Yesterday I reached the breaking point: that magical moment where my proverbial cup ran over and the straw broke the camel's back.  It was a long time coming, as is often the case, so it is not overly surprising that it did come.  However, I do find it curious that the event that marked the end of Enough was not really all that cataclysmic.

Which makes me ponder when it is that we decide that Enough really is Enough.  Maybe I had already decided and was just waiting for one more thing - anything - to happen to be able to announce to the world, that I had, indeed, had Enough.

Because once that was decided, texts were sent, phone calls were made, emails were mailed and actions were taken that will quickly and seriously alter the lives of those involved.  My Enough has quickly become bigger than me and I am left with a mixed bag of feelings, running the gamut from relief to disappointment. 

So while this chapter has ended, the question that I still have is what exactly makes me decide when Enough is Enough?  There are other parts of my life in which tensions are palpable, and have been for a long time.  What will make me decide to call "Enough!" in those situations?  Or what if someone else calls it first? 

Because calling it is just the beginning...

2 comments:

  1. oh, oh. The straw that broke the camels back. This might require a phone call. Hope you are okay.

    ReplyDelete