Monday 7 February 2011

Silver Linings

I can't really seem to make much sense of my life right now.  My marriage is a maelstrom.  I think it's fair to say that this is the lowest of the lows we've seen.  I honestly can't where we're going to end up or how we're going to get there so at the moment I'm just trying to weather the storm and hope that my ship doesn't sink.

On the other hand, school is going well and the seas upon which I sail towards my new career are calm.  There even seems to be a gentle breeze filling out my sails.  I have my first practical exam coming up this week and while that is stressing me out, I am still loving school and loving all the new things I am learning.  This weekend I spent 16 hours learning how to do hot stone massage.  Needless to say that the combination of rocks, crystals, warmth and massage was the perfect combination of elements for me.  I loved it!  These weekend classes involve lots of hands-on time so over the course of the weekend, I gave nearly 4 hours of massage -- and received as well.  I was SO productive when I got home from school this evening.  Next weekend, I have more fun classes at school and will be starting upon another series of classes in an Energyworker Apprenticeship Program.  Go me!


I am also trying my damndest to focus on the positive things in my life and, it seems, to keep myself really, really, busy.  I think my subconscious brain has decided that if I have too much to do, I won't have time to think about the negatives.  So far, I think it's working.  At some point I'm going to have to stop adding activities to my calendar but as long as I'm enjoying it all, I guess I'll just go with it. 

A friend of mine told me tonight that I am much better than him at finding the bright side of things.  I'm trying.  I really am.  Because the other option would take me to a very dark, very lonely place I have no desire to go to.  So, here's to love and light and always being able to find the silver lining in every storm cloud.

2 comments:

  1. it is good to find those silvery linings...we were there the last couple months as well, so hope for you that you can come out of it. it also helps that things are going well in other areas of you life, like your job...

    ReplyDelete