Wednesday 2 February 2011

Snow Day Blues

Today was a snow day and I spent much of the day cozied up in my room, writing.  I would have loved to have been writing poetry or short fiction or something creative but that was not for today.  Today was for sorting out the thoughts that have been swimming around my head for the last week.  For the most part, what I wrote were letters.  Some on paper, some on screen.  Some have received their letters, some have yet to receive them, some never will.  The interesting part was that as the day progressed, as I wrote more, my mood slid downhill.  By the end of the day, I had a huge headache and I was in a terrible mood.  Usually unloading all my thoughts and feelings makes me feel better but today it seemed to have the opposite effect, likely because I spent so much of my day focusing on negative emotions.  I hope that I can move on to a new focus and more enjoyable writing now that my head is (mostly) clear.  Can I have another snow day tomorrow, please?

2 comments:

  1. hope you got the snow day...i hear you on when you focus on negative emotion...so what are you going to do to turn that around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, we only had the one snow day. I'm trying to focus on the positives -- or better yet, busy myself enough so that I don't have time to think about anything :)

    ReplyDelete