Tuesday 1 February 2011

Summersaults

A week ago, my life took a summersault.  Gone were the ups and downs of my well-known emotional rollercoaster -- this time I was sent tumbling.  I have no idea where I'm going to land and all this rolling and turning is making me dizzy. 

I've had so many thoughts churning about in my head that it's taken me a week to even be able to sit down here and get anything out.  Luckily, I had the opportunity to go away for the weekend to visit friends and family.  It did me a world of good to be able to talk to various people about what was going on and get some fresh perspective.  I found that in the retelling of my recent life's history I was able to sort and prioritize certain issues.  It was very therapeutic in a way that 45 minutes with my therapist just can not be.

I also spent a lot of time driving, giving me plenty of alone time to ponder and reflect.  I composed several letters in my head while on the road but have yet to set any of them down on paper (or its cyber equivalent).  I hope to be able to do that soon, before I lose any of those thoughts.

Perhaps the impending snow day tomorrow will be the perfect opportunity to do that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment