Thursday 4 August 2011

Hopes and Horoscopes

If any of you have actually been reading what I've been writing for the past while, you'll know that I am in a quandry.  I have been trying to figure out how I can follow my dreams and achieve my goals while, at the same time, allowing those around me to do the same.  In my particular situation, this seems pretty much impossible as my wishes seem to fall in opposition to the desires of the rest of my family.  Try as I might, I just can't seem to figure out how to make all of us happy.

The other part of this problem is that I'm just plain impatient.  Conundrums like this take a long time to figure out.  I've been hovering in this place between for a very long time and I would really like to be done with it, as I don't enjoy being here very much at all.  I try to remind myself to enjoy the journey as much as possible and to pay attention to what I should be learning along the way.  For as far as I can tell (and have been told by those that know about these things), I've got another year and a half ahead of me on this trail before I reach the end.

Sometimes, however, it's nice to know that even when I think I'm losing it and that I can't take it much longer, I find a little something to keep me going.  Today that something was my weekly horoscope in Real Detroit Weekly, which says: "You can't be too sure about anything right now.  Themes of dissolving seem to be everywhere.  When everything that seemed real suddenly dissolves the ego goes right along with it.  Reconnecting the dots takes time.  If you're confused about anything, in the middle of an identity crisis, confusion would seem to be totally appropriate.  Don't even try to snap out of it.  Sometimes the best MO is to let it all dissolve enough to expand beyond your known limits.  Open yourself up to 'not knowing' and consider coming unglued to be an initiation of sorts."  It's so comforting to know it's not just me whose life is dissolving and who is coming unglued as a result.  Now all I have to do is learn to let it all go and embrace the unknown...

2 comments:

  1. You gotta find strength wherever you can

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...you're a Gemini, right? That would mean that is my horoscope, too.

    ReplyDelete