Wednesday 16 November 2011

Distress Signals

I'm confused.  Despite the fact that I seem to be putting a positive spin to most things lately and I'm thrilled at the forward momentum of my budding career, I seem to be completely stressed out.  The trouble is I can't figure out why.  Over the last few weeks, all my usual stress symptoms have begun again: I've been clenching my teeth incessantly, the inflammation around my eye has flared up, I'm biting my nails like mad and, now, to top it all off, I've had a stomachache off and on for the last 3 days.  I'm not happy about any of it -- it's unattractive and/or painful -- and I would love to make it all stop, if only I knew what was causing it.

Maybe it's because even though I perceive the recent changes in my life as mostly positive, the changes still create stress.  Or maybe I'm stressing over things that I don't even realize I'm thinking about, since there is so much going on.  Or maybe I'm afraid that everything I'm doing will be taken away from me.  Or maybe I'm lonely.  Or maybe this has nothing to do with me and I'm worried about other people.  Or maybe it's none of those things.

Maybe this is just my body's way of signalling me to take care of myself amidst all the hub-bub.  I've been giving myself reiki, working with crystals, napping and trying to do what I can to destress. It doesn't seem to be doing much good yet so I'll be getting some energy balancing and bodywork in the next couple of days as well to see if that helps.  Maybe I just needed reminder that it's not just about my emotional well-being but the physical as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment