Wednesday 9 November 2011

Moving Forward

It's been sort of an unusual week for me: it's been oddly positive.  I'm not sure if it's a Law of Attraction phenomenon, whereby I'm feeling more positive (due to the medication I've been taking) and attracting positive events or if it's just coincidence.  In any case, there was almost a bit of an upward spiral going on for a few days, which is something I'm almost entirely unfamiliar with.

This is not to say that my week has not been without its ups and downs.  Yesterday, in fact, was a huge emotional rollercoaster and I've had my share of less-than-happy moments.  I'm still stressed about many things but if I had to average out the week's experiences, I'd end up with a positive balance.

Most of the positive change has been happening on the career front, to varying degrees of success: I had my first real client, a friend called to discuss a business venture and I have a very promising lead on a space to rent which would allow me to set up my own practice.  My client paid me more than I asked for, rebooked and went home happy -- I couldn't have asked for more.  The business venture with the friend is probably not going to work out, due to geographic issues, but is still an interesting idea.  The space to rent is in a holistic therapy office and looks very good at this point but we are not rushing into anything and plan to have a longer conversation next week.  So, while none of these are huge accomplishments, I am thrilled about every baby step I take and I am more than pleased that things are moving in the right direction.

Even on the immigration front, things are moving forward.  Our visa extensions have been filed, my work permit has been filed and... I was accepted for a credit card!  Now, some of you may scoff but those of you who have never lived in a foreign country (or moved to the US from another country) will likely not understand how monumental it is to be able to establish a credit rating.  Again, none of these things on their own are really very exciting, but put together, they are building me a bridge to security and independence.

So it seems that things are finally moving -- slowly but surely.  I've realized that not everything can move at the pace I want it to and not everything moves at the same time.  While these aspects of my life have gained some momentum, other aspects have stopped completely.  However, I'm sure that one day those other things will start moving again as well -- hopefully also in a direction that brings positive change.

1 comment:

  1. hey positive movement is a good thing...glad you are having such a good week...and woohoo on the client...

    ReplyDelete