Friday 2 March 2012

Good News

It's about time!!!  I am so happy and so unfamiliar with this feeling that I hardly know what to do with it! 

The reason for my happiness is that I got a job!  Yes, really!  (And, no, not for the people who forgot about me.)   I got a phone call on Wednesday (the day I decided *not* to go back for the 2nd interview at the other place) from a woman who had found my resume through my former school's placement services.  I went in this morning for an interview (verbal & practical) and was offered a job on the spot! 

The interesting thing I've noticed is that when employers call you for an interview, it completely removes all the stress and the anticipation of the interview process.  When you apply somewhere for a job, you look forward to the phone call and you stress about the interview because, obviously, you really want the job.  When they call you, there's none of that because you weren't necessarily interested in working for them in the first place.  It's so much easier!

And, indeed, this is not a place I ever would have applied to work at, but I think it's going to turn out very well.  It's a chain, but with more of a holistic twist so I'll still be able to do reiki along with massage (and possibly craniosacral after I take the class in April).  They were also totally willing to accommodate my availability, which is fantastic.  And if it all goes well, who knows, maybe some day I can open my own franchise someday...

Also, the location is exactly where I wanted to be and only a mile up the street from the office where I'm trying to establish my own practice.  Perfect!

I always say that everything happens the way it's supposed to happen and this is a great example: turning down that other job left the door open for this opportunity.  And working part-time here will allow me to afford the rent (should a room open up there full-time) and leave me time to work at my own practice.  I think I have finally turned the corner on the job front and expect much goodness to come of it.

Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for you! It sounds like this is going to be a great job and I love that they came to you.

    ReplyDelete