Monday 19 March 2012

Crazy Days

It's been crazy times around here lately!!

As you know, I started a new job a couple of weeks ago.  I was very excited about it and was really looking forward to it.  That was short-lived.  To make a long story short, the job sucked so I quit.  Don't get me wrong: I love what I do but unfortunately I wasn't able to do it there.  I won't get into all the details but suffice to say that an owner who doesn't understand massage, a store with no management, underpaid therapists and way too much behind-the-scenes interpersonal drama does not make a healthy, enjoyable work environment.  I'm glad I had the experience.  I was able to meet a few nice people, I got some much-needed practice and I learned how *not* to run a business!

So I am once again unemployed -- but not for long.  The main reason I went looking for a job was that I was tired of waiting.  I'd been talking with a great guy about renting a room in his office to set up my own practice since November and although he was sure one of his rooms would be available "soon", neither of us really had any way of knowing when that might be.  And wouldn't you know it -- as soon as I got a job to fill time, one of his tenants gave her notice.  That means that I'll have a room to set up a full-time practice as of the first of April.  I'm very excited!  (Once again, I've proven that sometimes you just have to let go to make things happen.)

So, really, it's all working out quite well. 

Despite all of that going well, I've been a bit of an emotional mess.  Last week I was dealing with a LOT of anger and I haven't been able to figure out why.  I know I have a gazillion things to be angry about... and maybe that's just it.  Maybe, for once, I was just letting myself be angry about all of it.

Luckily, I was able to lift my spirits over the weekend.  The fantastic summery weather sure helped, as did going out for a couple of beers for St. Patrick's Day with my good buddy, R.  She's a great girl to hang out with and it was a nice change to be surrounded by people just having fun.  I definitely need more fun in my life...



No comments:

Post a Comment