Saturday 3 April 2010

Friendship Immersion

I am immersing myself in friendship and it is fantastic.  My two children and myself have come "home" for a 5-day visit.  We are staying with my parents but my main goal is to spend as much time with my friends as is humanly possible.  The wonderful thing about the friends I have here is that they have been my friends for a long, long time.  We have passed that magical point where we have known each other longer than we have not.  Although all the new friends I have are precious and although I will cherish any new friends I will make in the future, nothing can replace a friendship that has lasted more than half a lifetime.

So when I come "home" I spend as much time with my friends as I can (balanced, of course, with spending time with my family).  Today I spent a couple of hours with one of my best guy friends.  Tomorrow I'll be spending the day with my best girlfriend, her sister and all our respective children.  The following day will be spent with my two best girlfriends, our children and a few of our nieces. Then one last day with the girlfriend(s) before we head back to our house again.  It's going to be fabulous!

The best part of all is that after only a day here, I feel so much better already.  I can feel a wee bit of energy coming back and I am beginning to feel like that big cloud that has been hanging over me is starting to dissipate.  The world is starting to seem a bit brighter and I am starting to feel a bit lighter.  I can only hope that after 4 more days spent immersed in the presence of those people I love and cherish I will be well on my way to mending myself.

A friend of mine said the other day that he was in pieces, but at least they were all within view.  I have been in pieces for the past month but couldn't find any of them. My friends have helped me find the pieces and with any luck, I'll be able to start putting myself back together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment