Monday 12 April 2010

Laughter is the Best Medicine

It's a total cliche, I know, but it is so true for me, at least at this particular juncture in my life.  Laughter has literally cured all that ails me.  Perhaps not *all* that ails me but a considerably large portion thereof. 

I can't remember having felt this good in a very, very long time.  I know that I still have a long way to go to get my life back on track but I think I might be able to do it now -- and do it with a smile on my face.  Heck, even my husband remarked that I am in a good mood.  The last six weeks or so have been horribly grey and filled with doom and gloom (in the truest sense) and it just feels so good to be able to shake that off and look at life through rosier glasses.

This past week was Spring Break and, as you know, I was able to spend a large part of it with friends.  Some friends were old friends in Canada and others were new friends here (in the US).  My husband did not come to Canada with the children and me and once I was home, I was spending so much time with my friends here that it actually bordered on husband neglect.  I might have felt guilty about it except that I was too busy enjoying myself.  I figured that Hubby would be so happy for me that he wouldn't mind so much if I neglected him a little and I was right. He's been a trooper through the past few weeks.  He's let me be all moody and miserable and hasn't said too much about it, bless him.  Needless to say then, that he is just as happy as I am to see me with a smile on my face.

And that smile is there because my friends make me laugh.  All the time.  And when you laugh enough in a day, the smile sticks with you.  So my plan for happiness -- for the next while at least -- is to spend as much time as I can laughing with my friends.  I just hope they're ok with that...

2 comments:

  1. Are you telling me a joke or coming to visit? Either way you'll make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete