Sunday 18 July 2010

The Lost has Returned

You may have noticed that I have been away.  I apologize.  My last post was just over a month ago, and as I review the last few weeks, I hope you will understand my absence from Blogland.

Just after my last post, school ended for the summer.  Anyone with children will understand that the last week of school is absolute chaos as they try to fill the last few days with anything that will allow the children to be occupied without the teachers having to teach.  Therefore, there are carnivals, field days and class parties to participate in.  There are also luncheons and coffees for the parent volunteers.  It's a busy time to say the least.

Then the glorious First Day of Summer Vacation arrives and we settle in for late nights, campfires, sleepovers, sleeping in, long days at the beach, endless hours on the trampoline and nothing in the world to do but play with our friends.  We love summer.

Our plan for the first part of the summer was that the children would attend day camp for a week and then we would have 2 weeks of family vacation.  We had considered doing a road trip.  However, extenuating circumstances came into play and my husband decided that he should go to Germany to renew his visa (very long story).  My son also wanted to visit Italy while we are in Europe.  So, 5 days before we were to leave, flights were booked and we tried to hastily prepare for 2 weeks or more in Europe.  What ensued was, from my perspective, chaos and stress.  What followed in Italy was, from my perspective, chaos and stress.  As such, I had very little time and perhaps even less energy to try to sit down and attempt to write anything that might have been considered cohesive or coherent.

However, now that I have returned home again and have considerably less stress and chaos in my life, I hope to be able to return wholeheartedly to Blogland, posting with regularity and, with any luck, some insight.

2 comments:

  1. cheers to less stress! Welcome back sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. I missed your blog.

    Pop by mine if you have a sec...I've got an award for you. :)
    -C

    ReplyDelete