Thursday 22 July 2010

You Can't Buy Happiness

I'm cheating a bit tonight.  I stole this little quote from a little story my cousin shared on Facebook.  The story was typically cheesy but these few sentences from the end struck a chord with me.  I often struggle to find the right words to say it but whoever wrote this seems to have gotten the nuance right:

"The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship. It is not the mansion, the car, property, the money in the bank. These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves. So find time to be your spouse's friend and do those little things for each other that build intimacy."

There's really not much more I feel like adding to this so do with it what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment