Sunday 9 January 2011

The Possibilities are Endless

I love energy work.  I love giving it and I love receiving it.  Whenever I perform energy work on someone, I am completely at peace and just *know* that this is what I was meant to do.  It's the most amazing feeling ever.

This weekend I took a Reiki I class (through my school).  I have been looking forward to learning Reiki since last spring.  In fact, it was my interest in learning Reiki that led me to the school I am currently attending, where I am learning massage therapy -- and a plethora of other forms of healing arts, Reiki among them.  So, having been looking forward to this class for quite a long time and having known other students and a few practitioners, I thought I knew what to expect.  Lesson #1: you never know what might happen when you're doing energy work.  Just as I never expected to a) have a problem with my pancreas and b) suddenly start crying when it was being worked on in Polarity class, I certainly never would have expected anything like what happened today to occur.

The Reiki classes, as well as a few other classes at school like those on crystals, auras & chakras are taught by a very talented and well-known light and energy worker in our area.  She is also a psychic (and very proud of being listed as one of the Top 100 Psychics in America) so I was very glad that I had today's experience in her presence.

Both yesterday morning and this morning, all the students were given an "attunement" by the instructor or one of her apprentices.  It was a quick Reiki session that let us experience Reiki and prepared us for practicing Reiki on ourselves and others.  Both the attunements I had were very pleasant and relaxing, however it was what happened after today's attunement that completely threw me.

To make a potentially long story short (and not scare any of my readers any more than necessary) I was temporarily posessed by a spirit -- a very sad spirit.  It all happened in a space of about 10 minutes while we were in meditation waiting for everyone's attunements to be completed. Not having any other choice, I worked through it on my own, relying basically on my instincts.  This is really not a situation that anyone prepares you for so I did what I knew how to do (breathe white light and talk to the spirit) and it worked: the sad spirit was comforted and left full of gratitude.

Later, as I shared my (very emotional) experience with the class, my instructor told me who it was who had visited me (not precisely but gave me enough information that I knew exactly who it was) and reassured me that I had handled the situation in the right way.  Then - and this is what surprised me more than having been visited by a spirit - she proceeded to tell me that she sees a future for me in "spiritual release" (which, she added, is a very lucrative field of work).

So, in the course of a day, I fulfilled a goal by completing one step toward part of my future career plan to become a Reiki master and practitioner and I discovered another completely new talent and yet another possible career option.  This path I am on may be bumpy, but it is never boring.

2 comments:

  1. "... and just *know* that this is what I was meant to do." are to me the most joyfull words I have ever heard come from you.
    Ever since I met you, I know you struggled with answering that question. And despite my countless but fruitless attempts in helping you find that answer, it is still pure joy to my heart to realize you finally found your destiny. This is a great day not only for you but also for me. You made one bunny a very, very happy bunny. And to whomever guided you and helped you discover this path for you I am extremely grateful. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice...it is very cool when our direction is affirmed....sounds like yo u had a great day

    ReplyDelete