Monday 2 April 2012

11 More Questions

So, I got tagged in the same meme again but this time by K.  Since I played along the first time, I suppose I should play along again.  K posed 11 different questions, which are fairly challenging so I'll do my best to answer them.

You are all grown up now and can look back on the days of your youth fondly. What did you like best about your hometown?  
I sort of have 2 hometowns, since I lived equal parts of my childhood/youth in each.  I liked my hometown in BC because it was a typical small-town: there was a great community/neighbourhood feeling and everyone knew everybody for one reason or another (school, church, air force/navy).  Also, it was beautiful - surrounded by mountains and beaches.
I think the only redeeming quality of my hometown in Ontario is that it was an hour away from Toronto.

Time to shake off the rose-coloured glasses. What did you like least? 
There was nothing about my hometown in BC that I didn't like.  It provided me with the perfect childhood.
The Ontario hometown was ugly and boring.  It also lacks a real sense of community.


Where is your favourite place to go now? 
Not far from where I live now (in Michigan) is a private college prep school.  The buildings are beautiful and the grounds are large and scattered with gardens.  You can easily spend a day just wandering the grounds, which I love to do and which I don't do nearly enough.  It's a wonderful escape to be there amongst so much beauty.
My other favourite place is Toronto, for many of the same reasons: great architecture, lots to do, awesome food.  You can walk around all day and find something to please all of your senses.


Which location makes you cringe at the thought of approaching it? 
Bulk Barn.  This was a store I worked at (with K) for a few years when I was in University.  Although I met two of my best friends while working there, it was such a horrible place that my skin crawls at the thought of the place and I can not go into the store (although going into other locations isn't so bad).


Who would you take with you take with you to #3? Why?
Anyone who would enjoy being there as much as I do!  Ideally, I should also be able to converse easily with this person since we'll have no other choice but to spend the day talking, walking & enjoying our surroundings.


I am thinking of a colour. What is it?
Yellow.  

Not very good at this are you? How about you just share what your favourite colour is then :)
Green.
 
Have you ever been in love? How did you really know? How did it make you feel?
I have been in love.  A few times.  I can't honestly say how I know -- I just do.  There's a shift and I start thinking differently about him.  Or maybe it's the 'butterflies in the stomach' that I get when I see him.  It's hard to identify but suffice to say that it feels really good.  So good, in fact, that I want to be with that person all. the. time.  It also makes me feel like I am a worthy human being -- but maybe that's part of the other person being in love with me...
 
You are sitting fireside around a campfire singalong. What song do you request and/or play?
I'm always more that happy to just listen to the music.  I don't often know the words to typical campfire songs so can't usually sing along even if I want to.
 
Dare I ask about a bucket list? Whether you have one or not, what secret dream have you always held onto & do you think you will ever make it happen?
You may ask... but I've never come up with an official bucket list.  There is a list of places I would like to travel to: Eastern Canada, Mexico, Scotland, Hawaii.  I would like to go back to Indonesia and Japan, too.  I'm sure I could make at least some of it happen, but given all the places I've already been to, I honestly won't be too distraught if I don't ever get there.
As for the secret dream: if I told you what it was, then it wouldn't be secret anymore... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing again! I think I like the answers to how people know they are in love best ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete