Thursday 24 May 2012

Prologue

I have an astrologer friend who is constantly reminding me that all the huge changes I've been going through are normal and should be expected at both this time in my life and this particular juncture of the cosmos.  There's some crazy shit going on, as he would say.  He has also said that my life up until now has been that of a caterpillar and that one day I will be a butterfly and I will be amazed at the world and all that it has to offer me.

My therapist pointed out today that I am facing some major changes, but that they are not necessarily negative.  In the end, they will lead to good.

Obviously, I have been going through major changes and shifts in consciousness for the past couple of years.  It has all been building and leading me to a better place -- a better me.  I have been learning, watching, observing, testing, trying and discovering.  I am the caterpillar who is feeding and preparing for a huge metamorphosis.

Many of the people I've met in the past couple of years have played a significant part in steering me and guiding me towards this change.  They have influenced me in ways large and small, but always important.  Some people have been more influential than others.  Although I am sad to be moving away from these incredible friends and mentors, I will not be so far away that I can not continue to have a close and meaningful relationship with them.

I am sad to see this part of my life coming to an end.  It's been both good and horribly challenging.  I've gone through a lot of ups and downs but I know that it's all part of the journey.  I like to think of the last couple of years as not just a chapter but the prologue: we've been introduced to the characters and the history and soon it will be time for the real story to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment