Wednesday 2 May 2012

Unwinding

I had an unusual experience today.  I was sitting on the edge of my bed, staring vapidly into my closet, trying to decide what to wear, when I noticed that my torso was moving - of its own accord - in small counterclockwise circles.  The movement was not something I was controlling but it was strangely comforting so I decided to go with it.  I circled for a good 2 or 3 minutes and then stopped, just as suddenly as I had begun. 

The experience immediately made me think of a technique we learned in massage school called unwinding.  This was not at all the same form of physical unwinding that we learned but it felt to me like a form of energetic unwinding.  I wasn't really sure what it was that I had experienced, but I knew it was something good.

I immediately felt a shift and I've noticed an improvement in both my mood and my energy level throughout the day.  I have been fairly seriously depressed for the last few weeks and have been having a hard time coming out of it.  Right now, I can honestly say I haven't felt this good in weeks -- perhaps months.  I can't possibly explain how much brighter and more energetic I feel.  It's as if someone plugged me in this morning and I've been recharging all day, slowly gaining energy and the ability to function normally. 

I am looking forward to tomorrow, not just because it promises to be busy with volunteering at school during the day and going to a concert tomorrow night, but because I feel like I might actually be part of the action.  I might even enjoy what I'm doing, rather than just going through the motions. 

Needless to say, I am beyond thrilled with this unexpected upward turn in my well-being. I can only hope that it stays like this for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment