Tuesday 8 May 2012

Success Story

I am a very happy girl right now.  Hard to believe, I know, but true.  Funny how success does that...

Some might say it's a bit premature to call my business venture a success so soon, but I don't think so.  Every success, no matter how small, is worthy of being deemed as such.  For me, that means that I count every person I help as a success for both me and my business.

Today I had my first real client.  I say "real" because he was a) someone I didn't know and b) he paid me.  He came to me from one of the other therapists I share my office with and, although he knew very little about reiki, he wanted to give it a try.  He'd had a stubborn pain in his hip/lower back that radiated down to his knee.  He'd had this pain for some time and had tried many other therapies but without success.  He was skeptical about reiki but was open to trying anything that might help.  We had a one-hour session -- and he walked out pain-free!  I had also put him to sleep on my table, so he was very relaxed when he left.

But, wait, there's more!  He was so pleased with what I'd done that he booked another appointment to come back next week!  I am SO happy!

I'm ecstatic because I was able to help someone feel better.  It's a great feeling and the reason why I do what I do.

It's also pretty cool when those people pay me and want to come back for more.

So, no, one client isn't going to make me a successful business owner, but it will help that client lead a better life.  Hopefully he'll recommend me and help make my business a success, which ultimately means I'll get to help a lot of people and we'll all be happy.

2 comments: